Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nails of the Day

I WAS going to spend my evening taking pictures and video of my adorable new chickens but they have, not surprisingly, decided to roost in a tree. So, instead I bring you some nail art.

I tried water marbling for the first time last week. It DID work but we have water from a well where I live and even with a carbon filter I don't think the water was demineralized enough, so it was not easy to create designs in the surface of the paint without breaking the film of the paint over the water. The final result came out pretty good. This is more an adorable picture of my dog than it is of my nails but it could be worse. There could be no dog in the photo at all, for example!

Unfortunately, mere hours later it began to chip even with topcoat.

I tried again and this time did something a little fancier inspired by this amazing nail art. This time it lasted much longer and I am super pleased with how it came out!

This was after a few days of wear and excessive chicken cuddling, hence the dullness.

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Two of my chickens died the day before Thanksgiving in unrelated incidents and I've been very very sad about it. The new chickens we brought home today were in need of a home ASAP and they are adorable. If you are into chickens, check out my Facebook page: Chickens Are Forever Farm


1 comment: