Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nails of the Day and a Product Review: Olive Oil Replenishing Pak

Turns out it's really hard to take decent pictures of one's own nails, especially when glitter nail polish is involved.

So I mentioned I'd be trying this tutorial and I did. I was really happy with how it came out but people kept complimenting my "Mardi Gras" nails, so I redid a couple of nails on each hand for a more mermaid look. I had plans to get some nicer photos tonight but this Sinful Colors glitter nail polish peels off really easy and an EKG electrode peeled the color off two of my nails without me even noticing. So here are some crappy cell phone pics I did today.



This lasted about 3 days before the polish just peeled off in one piece. Actually, thats another day + than my manicures normally last because I wash my hands so much. I'm so glad to have found something fun to do with low-end cheapo polish! It's fun to apply too.


And now for a product review:


It's Paraben-Free and I like the smell. It's got a slight citrus scent to make up for the less-than-pleasant olive oil scent. If you've never used olive oil in your hair before you might be surprised how strong it can smell when it's on your head. You can buy these in a 3 pack at Target for 4 or 5 bucks. The directions say to apply and then expose to some sort of heat source (probably not a flat iron, maybe a blow dryer) for 15 minutes OR leave on for 1 hour without heat. Since I don't do heat styling I leave it on for an hour. It rinses out pretty clean, much cleaner than olive oil which is nice if I don't want to have to wash my hair twice in order to get the oil residue from a normal olive oil treatment out.

No comments:

Post a Comment