Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fun Weekend Stuff: Cucumber Vodka

I HAD intended to post the results of my Friday Night manicure, but it sucked so then I went out to see what sort of drug-store nail polish deals I could find. I came home with two Sally Hansen Crackle polishes and a cheap blue Spoiled glitter polish. Tried to throw something together with some Crackle and some Diamond Sally Hansen whatever-it's-called and it came out terribly. My own fault for choosing a poor color combination.

I broke out some Vodka to drown my sorrows. Here is the culmination of my miserable manicure attempt:


Ingredients:
The biggest, cheapest bottle of Vodka you can find (trust me on the cheap part)
Two to three cucumbers

Peel the cucumbers, slice in half and scoop out the seeds (I set these aside to put into a mix of shredded veggies that we keep in the freezer and feed to our birds). Slice the cucumber into spears. Pour off some of the vodka* so you have room for the cucumber spears then simply insert them into the bottle.

Wait three days to two weeks, then, using a #2 unbleached coffee filter, filter the vodka three times. Your cheap vodka is now as good as the expensive stuff AND it tastes like the awesomest vegetable on earth. Cucumber Vodka is really expensive and currently can only be found in fancy places like Bevmo and Trader Joe's which we don't have where I live. A girl gots ta do for herself. I'll let you know how it turns out!

*Unless you have libations to make to faeries or the dead, I suggest you not waste the vodka you pour off. I squeezed two minneola-tangelos (AKA. "Cuties) and mix 50% vodka, 50% Cutie juice. It's gotta be good for you, right?

Later: The best recipe I ever invented: Voodoo Stew

1 comment: